Cambridge Secondary 1Cambridge Secondary 1
Cambridge Secondary 1 provides an optional testing structure that measures learners, class and school performance. All tests in Cambridge Secondary 1 are standardised, providing an international benchmark of learner achievement.
There are two assessment options within the Cambridge Secondary 1 stage:
The Cambridge Secondary 1 testing structure enables teachers to:
- track the progress of their learners
- identify strengths and weaknesses within individuals and class groups
- develop further teaching and support learning using information from test results
- use test results to report to parents
Cambridge Secondary 1 Progression Tests
The Cambridge Secondary 1 Progression Tests provide valid external assessments of knowledge and skills in English, English as a second language, Mathematics and Science. The tests:
- are available for each year of lower secondary education
- are optional (schools can choose which tests to take and at what times or simply follow the curriculum without testing)
- can be used at any point during the year as many times as the teacher requires
- are culturally sensitive without being culture-free, which makes them ideal for use in the international context
- are marked by the teacher; Cambridge provides full mark schemes and guidance
Analysis tool software is part of Cambridge Secondary 1. The analysis tool:
- gives teachers detailed feedback on learner performance
- enables comparison between individuals and between groups of learners
- facilitates the identification of strengths and weaknesses of individuals and groups
Progression tests are freely available on the Cambridge Secondary 1 Teacher Support website and teachers can download them and make as many copies as they wish for internal school use.
Schools can also use Cambridge Checkpoint to assess learning at the end of the Cambridge Secondary 1 stage.