Event type: Training Event
Dates: 24 September - 12 November 2012
Suitable for teachers of:
This tutor-led course is for experienced teachers who are already familiar with the syllabus. It will cover methods of delivering the material and give you an opportunity to discuss and share ideas and resources with other teachers.
The course is lead by an experienced Cambridge Trainer who will feedback on your assignments and provide ongoing support during the course.
This online course will use Moodle as the Learning Management System. The course will be available 24 hours a day and, as such, participation can take place at times to suit your local situation.
What teachers have said
“This course has opened up new areas of thinking and approaching concepts. It is great to see people from all over the globe collaborating and sharing their teaching experiences. I got a lot of insight into different teaching styles and methodologies.”
Who is it for?
This course is a Stage 2 intermediate course. It is aimed at experienced teachers who are already familiar with the IGSCE ICT syllabus and looking to develop new skills for teaching and delivering the material.
This course aims to:
• reflect on your good practice, and strengths in order to use these to develop a dynamic learning environment for your students
• help you plan, prepare and deliver the theory and practical elements of this course, through the application of schemes of work and
• give insight into the processes used to assess the skills, knowledge and understanding of candidates in this subject.
The course consists of an Introductory week followed by three units, each lasting two weeks:
• Introduction to the Virtual Learning Environment and the course.
• Unit 1: Prepare a pre-course plan
• Unit 2: Planning for dynamic delivery
• Unit 3: Teaching the Practical Units
The course will last for seven weeks. The first week of the course will be an introduction to the course and the course website before moving onto the core material.
The level of participation is expected to be around 21-28 hours (minimum three hours per week for each of the 7 weeks)
You will be expected to complete 3 assignments by undertaking activities in the classroom. The course discussion forum is an important component of this course. Teachers taking part in the course are expected to contribute to the discussions.
Delegates successfully completing the course will receive a Certificate of Participation. To successfully complete the course, participants must actively take part in the course discussions and complete the three assignments by the deadlines.
The following minimum computer specification is recommended:
• A computer with internet access
• An up-to-date internet browser with cookies enabled (the courses will not work without cookies enabled)
• Preferably Java installed on the computer
• Adobe Reader
Note to Mac users - Safari is not compatible with Moodle. You must download and use Firefox.
Limited technical support is available through firstname.lastname@example.org
Course registration and fees:
The fee is £150 per delegate. Registrations received before 20 August 2012 will be eligible for the discounted rate of £135. The closing date for bookings is 14 September 2012.