University of Cambridge International Examinations is part of Cambridge Assessment, Europe's largest assessment agency and a department of the University of Cambridge.
University of Cambridge International Examinations is the world’s largest provider of international qualifications for 14-19 year olds. We are part of the University of Cambridge and a not-for-profit organisation.
We are committed to our mission of extending access to the benefits of high-quality education around the globe. Our curricula and qualifications are designed to support high-quality educational performance, developing successful students and supporting the economic performance of countries where we work at national level.
Facts & figures
- We are the world’s largest provider of international qualifications for 14–19 year olds
- Cambridge qualifications are offered in 160 countries by over 9000 schools
- We are part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge and a not-for-profit organisation.
- Each year we have around 1.5 million subject entries for Cambridge exams
- Cambridge candidate ages range from 5 to over 70
- We produce around 8 million question papers each year (2.7 million for the June session and 5.6 million for November)
- Cambridge holds more than 800 training days a year, providing over 8000 teachers from across the globe with the skills and knowledge they need to help their students succeed. More than 40,000 teachers use our teacher support site.
- Cambridge IGCSE is taken in over 120 countries (there are more than 450,000 entries a year)
- Cambridge was the first board to develop IGCSE, which celebrated its 20th birthday in September 2005
- Cambridge International AS and A Levels are taken in over 100 countries (over 90,000 entries a year)
- We are the largest provider of O Levels in the world and we offer more than 50 Cambridge O Level subjects. Every year we receive over 610,000 entries for Cambridge O Level from 76 countries.